My life would be so much better if only a day has 32 hours. I would have 8 extra hours to…
….get enough sleep
….read that book
….spend more time with family
Do you know the feeling?
The bad news is that we can’t have more hours in a day. The good news is that Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres, Richard Branson or Elon Musk have the same number of hours in a day as we do. If they can be doing so much in a day we can do a bit more as well.
The point is to use smarter our time and resources.
35 Tips on How to Start Being Productive:
- Check emails only every 2 hours (and not more frequently).
- Don’t try to be perfect. Perfection is the enemy of execution.
- Sell your TV.
- Don’t watch the news.
- Talk only to positive and enthusiastic people.
- Make a routine. Morning routine. Evening routine. Weekly routine.
- Get up early.
- Say NO to everything that’s not worth your time.
- Work out.
- Stop multitasking.
- Use the Pareto 80/20 principle.
- Use the Pomodoro technique as well.
- Finish the task you started before you move to another one.
- Revisit your goals regularly.
- Eat the frog first.
- Manage the time you spend on social media and the Internet.
- Chunk tasks into smaller pieces.
- Delegate. Don’t do what you don’t have to do.
- Batch similar tasks. For example, assign 4 hours every 3 days for replying to emails.
- Do the task that takes less than 2 minutes immediately.
- Create time records for specific tasks and try to beat them.
- Sort tasks by must, should and want.
- Eliminate everything that does not have to be done, replied to or seen.
- What would make me feel accomplished in the evening? Ask yourself and focus on that task.
- Give yourself a reward for completed tasks.
- Maintain a power pose.
- Laugh. Start in the morning before you leave your house.
- Sleep enough.
- Silence your phone.
- Clean up your workspace.
- Work in a pleasant environment.
- Write distraction down for later.
- Go for a walk.
- Listen to ambient music.